SHORT INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU 2 days
Cusco – KM 104 –
Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu
Archaeological, cultural, ecological, hiking.
Introduction and Itinerary:
This trip is a terrific option for those who want to experience the beauty and wonder of arriving to Machu Picchu on the Inca Trail, but have less time or physical ability to do a more extended trek. On our first day we take a lovely hike to the archaeological complex of Wiñay Wayna, and then follow the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. After spending the night in Aguas Calientes, we have the entire second day to explore Machu Picchu.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Due to the popularity of the Inca Trail we recomend that you
book as far in advance as possible in order to secure a place. There are only a
limited number of permits issued per day for the trail. We do of course have
many other exciting treks to should you be too late to secure a permit.
definitely recommend any of these treks below
4 Days Lares Valley trek to Machupicchu : Available
/ 5 Days Salkantay trek to Machupicchu : Available
Whether you want to visit Machu Picchu, hike one of the many trails or simply
appreciate the beauty and history of Peru from the comfort of a coach; booking
with Pap Adventures to guarantee a safe, fun, experience of a lifetime. Let us
be your guides for your adventure in paradise. I recommend you to book it ASAP
in order to get the Machupicchu entrance fees and train ticket which are very
important on both hikes.
Day 1: Cusco / Km104 / Wiñay Wayna / Machu Picchu:
After an early transfer from your hotel a spectacular train ride takes us to KM104 and the start of our trail. We start by visiting the Chachabamba archaeological complex before three hours walk uphill to Wiñay Wayna another beautiful archaeological complex. We will have lunch here before walking a further hour to the Sun Gate where we will have our first spectacular view of Machu Picchu. From here it is just 30 mins more until we are among the ruins of Machu Picchu and we then take a 30 mins bus ride bus down to the town Aguas Calientes where we will stay the night in a hotel.
Day 2: Aguas Calientes / Machu Picchu / Cusco
After an early breakfast, we take the bus up to Machu Picchu, arriving well before the majority of tourists. You will have a guided tour of the site for two hours before having a bit of free time and making your way back on the bus to Aguas Calientes in time for some lunch before boarding the afternoon train back to Cusco.
- Pre- trek briefing with guide on eve of departure
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant guide for more than 9 people
- Entrance fees for Inca Trail and Machu Picchu
- Hostal in Aguas Calientes.
- Transportation from hotel to start of trail and from Machu Picchu back to Cusco
- 1 breakfast, 1 box lunch.
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen
- Breakfast on Day 1, lunch Day 2 and dinner Day 1
- Tip for the guide
What you need to bring:
- Original passport (everyone- the one you booked with) and your ISIC card (students claiming discount).
- Daypack max 20 litres (any bigger will not be allowed into Machu Picchu),
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars)
- Strong, comfortable footwear
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries and toilet paper
- Camera, and spare batteries
- Swimsuit (it may be possible to visit the hot springs at Aguas Calientes dependent on time of train – 10 soles entrance fee not included in price)
Special dietary requirements: We are happy to cater for any special dietary needs. Please let us know at time of booking.
- We suggest you arrive in Cusco at least two days before your trek to allow yourself time to acclimatize. The more acclimatized you are the more you will enjoy the trek.
- Please let us know the name and telephone number of your hotel in Cusco so we can locate you if needed
Group Service Prices
Prices valid for 2017
2 days 1 night Inca Trail Prices updated to March , 2018 in USD American dollars.
1 person $790 per person
2 people $560 per person
3 people $540 per person
4 people $520 per person
5 people $500 per person
6 + people $480 per person
We can offer a U$20 discount to students with a valid International Student Identity Card ISIC and children under the age of 15 years old. You must send an enlarged scanned copy of your ISIC card at time of booking and bring your ISIC card on trail.
How to make a reservation:
Please follow these steps:
Step 1. – Click in Book Now and fill in the form with all the information required.
Step 2- We will require a non-refundable trek deposit of US$250 per person confirming your trek booking.
Step 3 – Send an e-mail to
email@example.com with the code of the payment that you made.
Step 4-You will get a confirmation e-mail from us with the conformity of your reservation.