HUCHUYQOSQO AND MACHUPICCHU TREK 3D / 2N
Day 01: Tambomachay to Pumamarca
We drive for 20 mins to Tambo Machay our starting point. From here we leave
civilisation and head off across alpine pastures to our first pass at 4200m. We
then cross a second pass at 4300m before descending to our lunch spot beside
Lake Queullacocha. We cross two more passes in the afternoon before descending
to the traditional community of Pucamarca with its stone houses and thatched
roofs. We camp here for the night.
Day 02:Pucamarca -Huchuy Qosqo –Aguas Calientes
quickly pick up the Inca pathway, which runs through a narrow ravine before
traversing the hillside and arriving at the citadel of Huchuy Qosqo. Perched
high above the valley this impressive Inca site has a variety of architecture
with buildings in both stone and mud brick. After a guided tour of the site we
descend steeply to the town of Lamay where we have lunch before taking our bus
to Ollantaytambo to take the train to Aguas Calientes.
Day 03: Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Cusco
we rise early to take the bus up to Machu Picchu where we will have a guided
tour with our guide before returning to Cusco in the afternoon.
- Pre- trek briefing with guide on eve of departure
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant guide for more than 9 people
- Entrance fees to Huchuy Qosqo and Machu Picchu
- Transportation from hotel to start of trail and from finish back to Cusco
- Cook, dining tent, table, chairs and latrine tent
- Horses and wranglers to carry supplies camping equipment and clients duffel
- Drinking water on trail
- 2 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 afternoon tea, 1 dinner and trail snacks
- Good quality two man tents
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen
- Foam sleeping mat ( more comfortable inflatable ones can be hired for U$15)
· Not included:
- Breakfast on Day 1, dinner on Day 2 and lunch on Day 3
- Tips for the guide, cook and wranglers.
What you need to bring:
- Original passport and your ISIC card
(students claiming discount).
- Sleeping bag (can be hired at time of reservation for US$15 )
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few
- Strong, comfortable footwear
- Warm clothing for the evening
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, and spare batteries
- Swimsuit (it may be possible to visit the hot springs at Aguas Calientes
dependent on time of train – 10 soles entrance fee not included in price)
- Extra porter for 6 kilos/15.5 pounds of personal kit ( We include duffel bag): If required these can
be hired for US$25. Please let us know at time of booking.
- Sleeping bag hire:
If required these can be hired for U$15 per person. Please let us know at
time of booking
- Sleeping mattress hire:
we include a basic foam mattress but many find an inflatable mattress much
more comfortable. These can be at hired for U$15. Please let us know at time
- Special dietary requirements:
We are happy to cater for any special dietary
needs. Please let us know at time of booking.
We suggest you arrive in Cusco at least
two days before your trek to allow yourself time to acclimatize. The more
acclimatized you are the more you will enjoy the trek.
Please let us know the name and telephone number of your hotel in Cusco so we
can locate you if needed
SERVICES AND PRICES 2017
- 2 people US$640 per person
- 3 people US$600 per person
- 4 people US$540 per person
- 5 people US$500 per person
- 6 people+ US$480 per person
* Prices for a Person in US Dollars
We can offer a U$20 discount to students with a valid International
Student Identity Card ISIC and children under the age of 15 years old. You must
send an enlarged scanned copy of your ISIC card at time of booking and bring
your ISIC card on trail.
How to make a reservation:
Please follow these steps:
Step 1. – Click in Book Now and fill in the form with all the information required.
Step 2- We will require a non-refundable trek deposit of US$200 per person confirming
your trek booking.
Step 3 – Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the code of the payment that you made.
Step 4-You will get a confirmation e-mail from us with the conformity of your reservation.