Lares – Yanahuara Machu Picchu 4D/3N
If you like to walk in peace amongst beautiful scenery, visit villages that
preserve millennium-old traditions, cross high mountain passes passing glaciers
and stunning lakes along the way then this is the trek for you. And to round it
off your tour finishes with a visit to the world famous Machu Picchu. Contact us
for a trek you will never forget.
Join us, do not miss it out!!! Let us be your guides for your adventure
Private Services: all private service departure dates are adapted
to your request
DAY 1: CUSCO – CALCA – LARES HOT SPRING – HUACAWASI
We pick-up you up from your hotel between 07:00 and 08:00 in the morning and
drive in our private vehicle to the town of Lares. We will travel through the
Sacred Valley of the Incas for about one hour, until the town of Calca, where we
will make a brief stop to buy any last minute snacks and view the local market.
From Calca, we will continue ascending by winding Andean roads with fabulous
views of the imposing Peruvian highlands. This last section until the town of
Lares takes about 1.5 hours, and we will arrive in time for a soak in the thermo-medicinal
hot springs before enjoying a buffet lunch prepared by our tremendous
After lunch our trekking begins, with a ten kilometre walk on good path passing
through groups of typical regional houses, where you will be charmed by the
happy local children who always come out to meet us. The first camp will be at
Huacawasi, a small quechua speaking community. On arrival you will have a
traditional trekking tea time, and then later a fantastic dinner prepared with
much love by our chefs.
(L, D, Snacks)
Walking distance: Aprox 10km, 4 hours approximately
DAY 2: HUACAWASI – HUACAWASI PASS – MANTANAY CAMP-SITE
On the second day the the PAPADVENTURES staff will wake you up by bringing a
hot drink to your tent after that you will enjoy breakfast, and we will resume
hiking, until we cross the Huacawasi Pass, located at 4665 meters From there, we
will descend past the beautiful Aruraycocha lake until our lunch spot in the
shadow of a high glacier. The trail then continues until camp number 2 passing
bubbling brooks and traditional quenua forests along the way. The total trekking
distance for the day is 14-kilometres divided into 4 to 5 hours in the morning,
and 2 to 3 hours in the afternoon. We will stay at the Mantanay camp-site
All throughout the trek, our luggage and equipment is carried by a team of mules
allowing you to travel with just a daypack. (B, L, D, Snacks)
Walking distance: Aprox 14km, 8 hours aprox.
DAY 3:MANTANAY CAMP-SITE- YANAHUARA – OLLANTAYTAMBO
TRAIN STATION –HOT SPRING TOWN
On the third day after breakfast, we will begin the descent through more
wonderful landscapes allowing you to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the
This is a 7-kilometere descent which crosses a wetland that houses a few species
of orchids, depending on the blooming season of these flowers and on reaching
the village of Yanawara you will enjoy one more delicious lunch prepared by our
staff before boarding the vehicle to take us the 30 minutes to Ollantaytambo
train station. The train journey takes about 1.5 hours, and we will be able to
watch the change in the geographical features from the highlands to the
subtropical jungle. When we arrive at hot spring town of Aguas Calientes, we
will check in at the hotel, and the rest of the afternoon will be free time. At
the time coordinated with the group leader, we will gather for and optional
dinner in one of the local restaurants. (B, L,)
Walking distance: Aprox 7km, 3 hours aprox.
DAY 4: MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
On the last day we will take an early morning bus up to the Machu Picchu
archeological complex, where you can enjoy a two-hour guided tour through the
most important spots of this ancient site. After the tour you will have some
free time to explore and take pictures on your own before we take the bus back
to Aguas Calientes. We can get together for lunch (optional) before boarding the
train to take us back to the city of Cusco.
- Pre- trek briefing with guide on eve of departure
- Professional bilingual tour guide
- Assistant guide for more than 9 people
- Entrance fees for Machu Picchu
- Transportation from hotel to start of trail and from Machu Picchu back to Cusco
- Cook, dining tent, table, chairs and latrine tent
- Horses and wranglers to carry supplies camping equipment and clients duffel bags
- Drinking water on trail
- 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 afternoon teas 2 dinners and trail snacks
- Good quality two man tents
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes Day 3
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen
- Foam sleeping mat ( more comfortable inflatable ones can be hired for U$20)
- Duffle bag
of 07 kg per person (includes bag)
- Breakfast on Day 1, lunch Day 4 and dinner Day 3
- Tips for the guide, cook and wranglers.
What you need to bring:
- Original passport and your ISIC card (students claiming discount).
- Daypack max 20 litres (any bigger will not be allowed into Machu Picchu),
- Sleeping bag (can be hired at time of reservation for US$15 for the 4 day trek)
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars)
- Strong, comfortable footwear
- One complete change of clothing
- Warm clothing for the evenings ( can reach minus 5 Celsius/23 Fahrenheit)
- Water bottle
- Flashlight and batteries
- Sun hat
- Sun block
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, and spare batteries
- Swimsuit (it may be possible to visit the hot springs at Aguas Calientes dependent on time of train – 10 soles entrance fee not included in price)
- Special dietary requirements: We are happy to cater for any special dietary needs. Please let us know at time of booking.
- Sleeping bag hire: If required these can be hired for U$20 per person. Please let us know at time of booking
- Sleeping mattress hire: we include a basic foam mattress but many find an inflatable mattress much more comfortable. These can be at hired for U$20. Please let us know at time of booking
- We suggest you arrive in Cusco at least two days before your trek to allow yourself time to acclimatize. The more acclimatized you are the more you will enjoy the trek.
- Please let us know the name and telephone number of your hotel in Cusco so we can.
SERVICES AND PRICES 2017
PRIVATE SERVICE :
2 people $ 870 per person
3 people $ 770 per person
4 people to more $ 670 per person
5 people to more $ 635 per person
Group Service price (2017)
$ 635 .00
5 – 16 People
|From March 2017 – January 2018|
* Prices for a Person in US Dollars
We can offer a U$20 discount to students with a valid International Student Identity Card ISIC and children under the age of 15 years old. You must send an enlarged scanned copy of your ISIC card at time of booking and bring your ISIC card on trail.
How to make a reservation:
Please follow these steps:
Step 1. – Click in Book Now and fill in the form with all the information required.
Step 2- We will require a non-refundable trek deposit of US$200 per person confirming your trek booking.
Step 3 – Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the code of the payment that you made.
Step 4-You will get a confirmation e-mail from us with the conformity of your reservation.