Salkantay Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 07 days Private Service
Cusco – Salkantay -Inca Trail – Machu Picchu
Cultural, Hikking / Trekking/
IMPORTANT NOTE:: Due to the popularity of the Inca Trail we recomend that
you book as far in advance as possible in order to secure a place. There are
only a limited number of permits issued per day for the trail. We do of course
have many other exciting treks to should you be too late to secure a
You need to bring your original passport on the trail (the one you booked with).
The mountains of the Cordillera Vilcabamba rise to form a ragged chain between the regions’ two great rivers, the Urubamba and the Apurimac. Along the Cordillera’s northern side, massive snow peaks collide with tropical rain forests to create a brilliant contrast between lush vegetation and lofty desolation.
Located northwest of Cusco, Nevado Salkantay, the cordillera’s tallest peak, is at the eastern end of the chain and rises to 6271 meters in height. The name Salkantay means Savage Mountain, which may refer to the clouds that rise up from the jungle lowlands and engulf the peak.
Mollepata, an attractive village built on a mountainside overlooking the deep citrus producing valley of the Apurimac, is the starting point for the trek.
DAY 1: CUSCO / MOLLEPATA / MARKOKASA
Transport from Cusco to Mollepata, We will begin the ramble join with a bilingual guide, with a lot experience, the mules will carry all of our baggage, we will have some emergency horses too, in case that needed them. As far as Markokasa where we will camp (lunch, afternoon snack, dinner).
DAY 2 : MARKOKASA – SORAYPAMPA – SALKANTAY PAMPA
We will climb slowly to the Markokasa step (3650) continued for beautiful landscapes to Humantay viewpoint (5917) then we will to continue to Salkantay ravine where we are going to camp.
(Breakfast, lunch, dinner).
DAY 3: INCACHIRIASCA STEP – SISAY PAMPA
To day we will begin our ramble with exceptional Salkantay snow-covered views (6271) while we climb to Incachiriasca step (4880) this beautiful mountain will amaze us. After we descend to the Sisaypampa step where we will camp downwards majestic Salkantay snow-covered.(breakfast, lunch, dinner).
DAY 4: SISAY PAMPA – CANAL INCA – PAUCARCANCHA
After healthy breakfast, we will begin ramble, to the Pampacahua valley where we will find rest of the Inca canal, then we descend to the archeological combined of Paucarcancha where after to have visited them we will camp (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
DAY 5: PAUCARCANCHA – GUAYLLABAMBA – PACAYMAYO
We will undertake on early in the morning the ramble to Guayllabamba(3000 m.) in this place we will climb to Warmihuañusca step, then we can see the great construction of the Inca trail while we descent to Pacaymayo valley where we will be camping,(breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
DAY 6: SAYACMARCA – PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAYWAYNA
It is a best day than other ones of our ramble, we will be seeing spectacular landscapes and will be visiting archeological centers like to Sayacmarca, Concahamarcay, Phuyupatamarca. Finally we will descend to striking Wiñaywayna where we will camp.
DAY 7: INTIPUNKU – MACHPICCHU – CUSCO
Very early in the morning we will start our ramble to arrive to Intipunku and we can have the first magnificent view of the terrific striking Machupicchu (2475 m), then we will descend to our excursion guided to the beautiful Inca city, in the afternoon we will return to Cusco by train, to arrive and to move at hotel. (Breakfast)
What is included:
- Collection from your hotel in the morning
- Private bus to the start of the trail (Mollepata)
- Inca Trail & Machu Picchu entrance fees
- English speaking professional guide (two guides for groups over 9 persons)
- Igloo tents – 2 persons in each 4-person capacity tent with plenty of space for your backpacks
- Foam sleeping mat ( more comfortable inflatable ones can be hired for
- Cook and Cooking equipment
- Meals (06B,06L,06D) – food includes pancakes, omelets, soups, fresh fruit, avocado, pasta, chicken, fish, meat, rice, all rich in carbohydrates and suitable for trekking, hot drinks ncluding coca leaf tea which is excellent for the altitude.
- Teatime everyday (tea, coffee, biscuits, popcorn)
- Horses days 1-4 (for equipment and personal items and 1 emergency horse) + horsemen,
- Porters days 5-7 (to carry tents, cooking equipment and food)
- Dining tent with camp tables and chairs
- Kitchen tent
- Accommodation for our porters and cooks
- First aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Bus from Machu Picchu ruins down to the village of Aguas Calientes
- Train ticket (Backpackers service) from Aguas Calientes to Cusco
- Transfer from the train station to your hotel.
What is not included:
- Breakfast on the first morning.
- Meal in restaurant in Aguas Calientes on day 7 of the trek.
- Entrance to the thermal springs in Aguas Calientes US$3
- Sleeping bags (4 season) can be hired in our office for US$30 for the 7 day trek.
- Tips for the guide, cook and porters
What you need to bring/carry:
- Original passport (everyone-
the one you booked with) and your ISIC card (students claiming discount).
- Rain jacket or poncho (plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for a few dollars)
String, comfortable footwear
One complete change of clothing (you can afford to carry more changes of clothing if you hire a personal porters, see options below).
- Sweater and jacket (something warm) .
- Water bottle and purification tablets (Micropur are recommended and can be bought in local pharmacies in Cusco).
- Flashlight and batteries .
- Hat or cap to protect you from the sun
- Sun block (sun protection cream)
- Insect repellent
- Toiletries, towel and toilet paper
- Selection of small snacks, chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits etc,
- Camera, plenty of film and spare batteries
- Swimsuit (if you plan on visiting the hot springs at Aguas Calientes after the trek)
- Extra porter for 9 kilos/20 pounds of personal kit (we include duffel bag) :
If required these can be hired for U$80.
Please let us
know at time of booking
- Sleeping bag hire:
If required these can be hired for U$40 per person.
Please let us
know at time of booking
- Sleeping mattress hire:
we include a basic foam mattress but many find an inflatable mattress much
more comfortable. These can be hired for U$40. Please let us know at time
- Special dietary requirements:
We are happy to cater for any special dietary needs. Please
let us know at time of booking.
- Time of arrival in Cusco after returning from the trek. Unless you plan to stay an extra night in Aguas Calientes, you will return to your hotel in Cusco for approximately 8:30pm on the 7th day of the trek.
- We suggest you that your arrive to Cusco at least 2 days prior to trek departure because you have to pay the trek balance before 8:pm 2 days before you start the trek. Arriving 2 days prior to the trek also ensures that you are better acclimatized to the high altitude so you can enjoy the tour without any trouble. However
2 days is recommended, during this days you can also visit another places that are in the City.
- We need to know the name of your hotel and the telephone of it please check this in the reservation form. This allows us to locate you if there are any problems with your arrival. You will also be asked to confirm your hotel in Cusco when you come to the office to pay the trek balance.
Private Service Prices
- 2 people US$1,400 per person
- 3 people US$1,150 per person
- 4 people US$990 per person
- 5 people US$955 per person
- 6 people US$895 per person
- 7+ people US$865 per person
valid International Student Identity Card ISIC and children under the age of
15 years old. You must send an enlarged scanned copy of your ISIC card at
time of booking and bring your ISIC card on trail.
How to make a reservation:
To make a reservation please follow this steps:
Step 1.- Click in Book Now and fill in the form that show to you with all the information required.
Step 2.- We will require a non-refundable trek deposit of US$200 per person confirming your trek booking. The deposit is to be paid by the following ways By westen union : you can o it in any office of western union in your city Payment On-Line: If you decide to use this system you will have to pay 8% of the total payment that you have made , this is a tax for the transaction.
Step 3.-Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the code of the payment that you made.
Step 4.- You will get a confirmation e-mail from us with the conformity of your reservation.